If you look after your wetsuit boots / shoes they will last much longer.
- rinse them out after each use to wash out any salt water.
- soak them in cold water and every now and then use a wetsuit detergent too (this will also stop them getting too smelly).
- don’t put them in the washing machine, or using household soap as it can weaken the neoprene.
- let them dry fully before putting away, this prevents them getting mouldy!
- store your wetsuit boots / shoes in a cool, dry place away from sunlight. Thrown on the parcel shelf of your car they will quickly deteriorate from the sun beaming through the window!
Thanks to Trident-UK for these tips.