Wooden boat built from a Bell kit, builder unknown.
This boat was advertised as a project for free, details were
- Wooden Mirror dinghy acquired from Freecycle.
- Sadly it has a foot-sized hole in the bottom and needs extensive TLC. I rebuilt a Firefly 30 years ago which was in a much worse state. I imagine the hull could be rebuilt with ply veneers as I rebuilt the rotten Firefly hull - it's not a big job. She'll then need a few repairs and a rub down and coat of paint and varnish.
- She's old and tatty but free to a good home for collector.
- She has a complete suit of sails, condition unknown
- cover, condition unknown
- Launching trolley (stainless)
Otherwise complete for hobby sailing. I have the odd book on Mirrors and a set of building instructions, those I'll happily pass on with the boat. It'd be nice if the collector would put something into a charity but we're not insisting on it.
It has now been taken by a local hospice who are using the hull as a flowerbed and will hopefully be selling on the sails, launch trailer and other fittings for hospice funds.