Wood hull built by Unknown builder.
Judith Hawkins takes up the story "Sailed in the Spalding Lincolnshire area by a K. Brown who had her from 1981. I am not sure if he built her or bought it ready made. With the boat was a price list from Bell Woodworking stating that their Chandlery would be opening in March 1986.
My father, Ralph Lindsay Goulden then acquired it for my children in 1990 who were all members of West Lancashire Yacht Club, Southport.
The boat was sold after my father’s death in 1999 to Glyn Sheffield also a WLYC member.
I eventually bought it back from Glyn in 2011.
Click to expand
This boat was advertised for sale for £250 , details were
- Mirror Dinghy Sail Number 65183 ‘Zorus’
- Wooden hull from Bell Woodworking kit.
- Gaff rig with Alloy Gunter mast.
- Complete with Main Sail, Jib, Boom, Rudder, Tiller, Dagger Board, Boom Up Cover and Folding Launching Trolley.
- Hull damaged (foot put through floor between front lockers and dagger board casing, possibly due to rot)
Lovely boat to sail , Sorry to let her go but am an elderly sailor now and not as agile as when younger!
She was repaired, and sold to Neil Wallace from Shotton Sailing Club in Flintshire, in July