Wood hull built by Bell Woodworking . It was stored in a garage until 2016
Sold to a Kitchen fitter who stored it in his garage untouched.
Purchased by Gavin Goodall
Sailed in on the broads for a Coot Club exploration holiday, rechristened as “Death and Glory” she took no water and everything worked as it should. I did sadly break a rowlock and have a modern close equivalent ready to fit.
Click to expand
This boat was advertised for sale for £350 ONO , details were
This boat is remarkable (but not valuable) as it had 1 owner from new. Bell built 1974 approx. It was stored in a garage until 2016 when it was sold to a kitchen fitter who stored it in his garage untouched.
I purchased her in feb 2018 and upon rigging her found to my amazement that everything is original Ex bell, no racing or cruising mods, repairs etc. As far as I can tell original paintwork – a bit scuffed. No GRP repairs.
- Very interesting Original Mirror dinghy
- original oars, ropes, rigging and bungs.
- Tupperware box of spares and original owners rigging notes.
- Wooden Gunter mast, gaff & boom
- There are also 2 1970’s bouyancy aids and a spraysuit largely unused – which I think applies to the whole boat.
- Original Mirror logo burgee (not racing flag)
- She comes on a 1970’s combi with custom mast and lighting board supports and ORIGINAL green Duck canvas cover.
- She was garaged this winter.
- Bouyancy aids and spraysuit may be sold separately to vintage enthusiast (photos to follow)
She was sold shortly after the advert went live.