Wood hull built by Bell Woodworking
- sailed in National & European Championships at North Berwick by G Dunjoy, Mirror Ireland Class Association Secretary.
Acquired by the Hewitt family from Warminster. Measured by Martin Egan. Raced on the Mirror circuit by son Andy Hewitt.
- Sailed in the Nationals by Michael Hewitt & Andrew Starling
Sold to the Brown family
Click to expand
This boat was advertised for sale for £600 ONO , details were:
Moving house in the near future, and looks like grandchildren will sail Optimists, so our Mirror is, sadly, redundant. It has been kept carefully at the back of our garage and is in good condition.
- 1980/90s racing setup with sidedeck jib sheeting.
- Two suits of main and jib (both Jeckells Racing Gold), and a spinnaker.
- Spinaker pole (slightly bent), GRP chute with net sock
- Two Gunter masts: one is the original wooden one, the other is a Rondar metal one.
- Measurement certificate, the RYA Technical Department will issue a new one on receipt of (a scan of) the original.
- Launch trolley, but no trailer.
- Still in good shape. Not "as new", of course, but a great deal better than plenty of boats you see on the water.
She was sold in February to new owners from Penarth, South Wales.