Wood hull built by Richard Hand over around 10 months. The colour scheme of white with narrow red and white stripes was in recognition of the Queen's Silver Jubilee!
Last sailed by Richard Hand , subsequently the boat was stored in a garage or under tent-like structure.
This boat is now for sale for £750
Sadly ill health and the local sailing club closing mean I need to sell my Mirror dinghy.
- One careful owner, bought as a kit from Bell Woodworking and I spent around 10 months in 1976/77 building her.
- Last sailed in 2010, then stored in a garage, and in more recent years, kept her under a boom-up cover and a large tarpauline, having made a wooden tent-like structure to ensure any water sheds off, with no gaps for water to get in.
- Excellent condition.
- Gunter rig, with metal mast, wooden boom and gaff
- Stainless steel standing rigging
- Mainsail & jib plus all running rigging
- Daggerboard & rudder
- Serviceable road trailer
- Modified 'Barry Bucknell' launching trolley with 'bucket' wheels which do not sink into sand. When trailing, this fits inside the boat and can be used to support the mast, boom & gaff
- Original oars and blades as supplied with the kit, but never made up and the galvanised rowlocks.
- A folding anchor with a short length of chain
- Spare (i.e. the original) gaff, the two halves have separated for some of it's length
Contact Richard Hand
Please help us keep the site up to date - if prospective buyers find this boat has been sold, please e-mail